The ABOMADM System (Animations Based On Movement And Direction Mecanim System) is a Mecanim solution for Unity that allows you to drag and drop your own character over the default character and have them play animations based on their movement and the direction that they are facing.
- this asset was created because personally I scavenged the internet for days on end, but could not find a solution to my problem
- the system has 6 animations: idle, run forward, run backward, run left, run right, and jump (jump is extra)
- simply drag and drop your own respective animations onto the blend tree in the Animator view, or use the default animations
- simply drag and drop the avatar created from your humanoid skinned and rigged mesh onto the Animator component
- one scene showcasing animations based on mouse position
- animations based on camera's forward vector (see videos for visual candy)
If you have wanted an animation system that allows the player to run left while punching right, then this asset is for you!
- I personally use this asset in my own indie project (because I needed a system like this!)
- if you have any concerns, problems, or praise, please e-mail me or leave a comment on YouTube.