Crux supports all versions of Unity from version 5.2+ to Unity 2017+, as well as Unity 2018.1.
Crux is a runtime procedural AI spawner capable of spawning AI dynamically across terrains according to customized biomes and conditions. Crux eliminates the hassle of having to place AI by hand as well as allowing AI encounters to be realistic and unique every time. Crux works with all types of Unity terrains whether they are procedurally generated, designed by hand, or endless. Crux performs well by despawning AI that are out of range of your player and only making efficient calculations once every spawn interval.
Users create biomes that are defined by as many textures as needed. As the player moves through the terrain, the spawn position gets the texture and spawns AI according to the biome and the conditions. Each biome has 3 categories of AI; Wildlife, Creatures, and NPCs each with their own rarity and conditions for spawning. For example, your Wildlife category for the Forest Biome has a 60% of spawning. When a successful spawn happens, Crux randomly picks an AI from the Wilderness Category where deer and rabbits are common whereas fox and bear are rare. Crux uses customizable population caps for each object to help keep environments balanced and realistic. A simple wandering AI script and example scene are included (Assets shown are not included and are used for demonstration purposes.). Forum Wiki Documentation
* Supports procedurally generated and endless Unity terrains
* Supports 3rd party terrain systems and shaders such as CTS, Gaia, Map Magic, and Distingo
* Supports any character controller system
* Supports any AI system that supports spawning
* Supports Emerald AI
* Supports Unity NavMesh
* Developed by the same developers as Emerald AI and UniStorm (UniStorm implementation planned for optional special conditions such as time of day, weather, and seasonal spawning)
* Built-in object pooling system
* Efficient and powerful - Crux performs well by despawning AI that are out of range and only making efficient calculations once every spawn interval.
* Unlimited Biomes - Supports an unlimited amount of Biomes.
* Unlimited Objects - Support an unlimited amount of objects for each category
* Population Caps - Customize the population Caps for every object to help keep environments balanced and realistic.
* Global Caps - Gives control over the max number of total objects that can be spawned at a time.
* Spawn ID System - The Spawn ID System generates a Spawn ID for each game object. These spawn IDs can be used to spawn AI to the player's location making it easier for development and testing (Similar to other AAA games). All generated spawn IDs are also created in a txt version with the name of the AI and their Spawn ID, if desired.
* Spawning and Despawning - Crux gives users the control over the spawning radius as well as the despawning radius.
* Rarity of Encounter - Customizable the rarity of encounter for each AI (Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare).
* Odds Based on Category - Adjustable odds for each category of AI (Wildlife, Creatures, and NPCs) However, Crux also supports purely random spawning of every category.
* Angle Detection and Restriction - Angle detection that only spawns AI within the angle limits of the terrain.
* Obstruction Avoidance - Crux automatically avoids positions that are obstructed to avoid being placed on non-terrain areas and objects.
* Spawn by Groups - Customizable group numbers allow you to spawn AI in randomized groups based off of your input.
* Spawn Radius - Customizable spawn radius gives you control over group's spawn radius.
* Easy to use with Low Learning Curve - Easy to use Editor with low learning curve. No other scripts are required. All you have to do is customize the conditions.
For more information on Crux, see the Official Crux Forum here: Crux Forum
Note: Crux is a spawning system, not an AI system. Assets shown are not included and are used for demonstration purposes. Crux currently only supports Unity terrains. Mesh terrain support will come with the next update.