Hexasphere Grid System is a high performance spherical grid system
. It leverages texture arrays and geometry shaders to provide optimal generation and runtime performance allowing hundreds of thousands of tiles
.** Features **
and combined styles (shaded + wireframe
- Bevel effect
- Per tile color and texture
with customizable height and gradient colors.
: highlight tiles with cursor, drag/rotate and zoom sphere, fly to a given tile.
- Fast and easy to use path-finding
functions to get the optimal path between any two tiles.
- Group cells
to define different type of surfaces for path-finding purposes.
- Smart Edges options
hides edges on adjacent tiles with same material.
- HeightMap texture support with option to use a separated water mask
. Earth and water mask textures provided.
- Option to load a texture and map colors to tiles around sphere in one function call
- Inverted mode
option. Renders the hexasphere inwards, placing camera at the center!
- VR compatible
. Support for Google VR and Samsung Gear VR controllers.
- Unity 5.5+, 2017 and 2018 compatible.
- Built-in and Universal Rendering Pipeline support
(shadows not supported yet in SRP).
- Easy to use API
(C#) to change individual tile properties, get neighbours, shortest paths, ...
- Full source code included (C#).
- Demo scene included.
- Works with SM 2.0 with basic features
- Texture arrays requires SM 3.5+
- Extrusion uses geometry shaders (SM 4.0+)
Hexasphere Grid System produces perfectly regular geodesic grids which by definition contains 12 pentagons. They are fully functional, can be colored/textured/extruded and be used in path-finding methods as the rest of hexagons. In addition, the grid can be shifted so pentagons don't appear over undesired positions.Product Documentation
| Support Forum
| Youtube ChannelEven more cool assets!