World Political Map - Globe Edition 2
adds to your scene a beautiful and interactive 3D world map with just a couple of clicks. Drag the globe prefab to your scene and customize the look & feel.
Complete asset with great visualization features, examples and rich API, suitable for building games and applications for VR, desktop and mobile.*** Key Features ***
- Procedurally draws the frontiers of 240 countries, 4112 provinces and states, and the location of the 7144 most populated cities in the world
without access to the Internet. Frontiers and cities data included in the asset making it very fast and works offline!
- Fully interactive map
: regions of countries, provinces/states and cities highlight as you pass the mouse over them.
- 19 Earth styles
including custom planetary shaders with relief, day/night, atmosphere, clouds and city lights effects
compatible with mobile. Texture resolutions included from 2K to 16K with custom shaders.
- Ability to integrate with Online Map Tile Systems with a single click
including OpenStreetMap, MapBox, AerisWeather, Stamen, Carto, Google Maps, Sputnik and others, with progressive rendering which allows a greater quality when zooming in.
- Offline tile support
with tile downloader assistant
- Hexagonal Grid with PathFinding support
: fully interactive grid (select, colorize, texture)And Much More! ...
- Three types of classified cities, including country and region capitals
- Data includes: continent, country, city and province names, relationships, multiple regions per country and province, metropolitan population, FIPS 10 4, ISO A2, A3 and N3 codes.
- Moon and real Milky Way skybox
- GPS support
: can track automatically device position on map.
- Automatic sync with real time and daylight
- Automatically draws country labels
with placement and automatic alignment options.
- TextMesh Pro
- Colorize countries, provinces/states or entire continents!
- Per country texture
- Can add Markers
with drawing/animation to the globe map (aerial trajectories).
- Mount Points
support: add your custom strategic locations from the Editor and find/navigate/position objects on them easily.
- Bake Earth texture command
: produce custom Earth textures with colorized areas!
- Inverted view support
: optional view mode for VR immersive experience (sit at the center of the world!)
- VR: support for generic gaze and also VR controllers using Google, Samsung or Oculus SDK.
- Two Camera Modes
available: either navigate between locations rotating the Earth (Camera is not moved) or make the camera rotate around the Earth.
- Zoom Tilt
option: achieve angled perspectives when zooming in/out.
- Find and fly
smoothly to any country, state, city by its name from current position. Also easily locate any world location by latitude/longitude.
- Two levels of details for frontiers
at 110.00.000:1 and 30.000.000:1 scale.
- Imaginary lines
: draw latitude, longitude and cursor lines.
- Physically-based atmosphere scattering shader
for the most demanding experience.
- Nice cloud layer integrated in scenic and scatter styles, including perspective shadows.
- Lots of customization options: frontiers colors, highlight color, visibility of cities/frontiers/Earth, labels, ...
- Can be instantiated and controlled by code (API and documentation provided
- Custom editor inspector with 5 extra awesome components (watch videos below for demos):
: to convert between different map units (eg. lat/lon to sphere position),
: to add scrolling/blinking messages over the globe!
: to personalize each country appearance (color, texture, label)
* Map Editor
: modify provided maps and create your fictional scenarios!
* Mini Map
: drag & drop the mini-map prefab to the scene for convenient one-click world navigation!
- Mobile friendly: tested on Android and iOS.
- Compatible with Unity 2018.4 or later.
- Supports standard/built-in and URP.
- Source code included (C#)
- Dedicated support forum with continuous development.
Use this asset to allow the user to choose a region or destination of the world, to show data/info/resource icons, great for mission briefings, strategy games, Earth HUD/locator of targets/resources, ... and now with hexagonal grid, pathfinding and fog of war create your turn based or RTS game on the World Map!
Also great for educational software, reports, statistical and data-viz applications!
The asset contains a complete API to explore and take advantage of the countries, provinces and cities catalog provided - getting information like geolocation, metropolitan population of cities, country and province to which they belong, navigate to them, get province and country neighbours, and much more!Includes 14 demo scenes
with sample code showcasing most important APIs and features, including navigation, adding sprites and game objects to the globe, trajectories with lines and gameobjects, texturing, coloring, travelling across a route, interactively painting the Earth texture (heatmaps), calculating distances, ...
Do you have an idea but have some questions? Don't miss our Support Forum on kronnect.com.
- Globe Lite Edition
- 2D Edition
- World Map Strategy Kit
- World Flags and Weather Symbols
Want them all? Check out our World Maps Pro Bundle
.Comparison TableProduct Documentation
| Support Forum
| Youtube ChannelEven more cool assets!